Week #5 of ISS development
About here I was convinced to release my game. But, ach, my friends were merciless.
The changes in Beta 02 were massive, and I didn’t release my game that time as I was intending to (thank God!!!). At that time I’ve begun and my notorious PR campaign by advertising my game everywhere (for example this devlog) :D
The players changelog (so I call the changelog that interests the users without the techy stuff) was
- Improved Main Menu
- Changed resolution from 800×600 to 640×480 – That was done mostly to make the game more browser-based. No one would accept an 800×600 resolution.
- Score is based from the effectiveness of the player, his accuracy and his remaining life. – Gives replay value to the game.
- In case the swf looses focus from the user the game automatically pauses. – That is done in case the user is multitasking e.g. his boss just appeared behind him.
- Added a settings menu.
- Mouse can be activated to play. – That is done also for multitasking e.g. the user is talking to the phone.
- Added a highscore screen.
- From pause screen the player can return to main menu. – At last….
- Player’s life is an image. – Nothing better than easier ways to spot the situation the player is on.
- Sounds can be muted. – No one would ever accept a game where he can’t mute the sound.
- Redesigned levels. – Here you are alekos :P (the game was obviously way too hard).
- Smaller size. – I’ve made the music lower bit ratio. It really didn’t have to be that high. The game is at half the size and quicker loaded.
- Better performance – It’s always good to have more FPS for third world computers. More players!
Graphics remained as they were unfortunately. But that was to be fixed at next release. The game now seemed a lot better thanks to the swearing of one of my friends that got me motivated :)
There were still some bugs here and there, but a great deal of them was fixed, and I finally had a semi-nice game.
swf can be found here. And with this I was one step closer to the release.
And for my PR I’ve then started to say “Comments are not welcome, they are required” :D . So make a comment!!